Monday, April 21, 2014

#7

I don't rely on an alarm. I usually get up before I'm "supposed" to . In the last few days , I haven't really wanted to get out of bed though. I mean, I do but I just haven't...wanted to. Whether it's perceived scenarios in my head of conversations and situations that havent taken place, mounting bills, concern about my father or just general pressures--whatever it may be, I just want to hide.

Did I do that? No.

Grown ups don't have the luxury of wallowing. Certainly, my friends with kids don't. 

I get up later. I'm more harried but I suit up, show up, go to work, go to yoga class and deal with all matters in the best way I can--feeling the way I feel-- some kind of general malaise. 

Sometimes that is my condition and I have to trust that it will pass and I have to take necessary steps to help it pass-- meditate, take walks in the park  and spend time with friends--things like that. It's a kind of a low level anxiety that really only lifts after I start helping someone else and, of course, when I'm doing something creative or watching comedy.

Writing this helps.

The good news is that for the time being my father is fine. He's seeing doctors today and taking steps to ensure that there's nothing overly serious going on. We'll speak later...as always.

Tonight, I'll take yoga class and maybe go to a movie with a friend (who needs a friend right now) and...

There is always comedy.

Right now, I'm sitting in a diner listening to two men speak very animatedly in French while Minnie Riperton's "Loving You"plays (the fact that I know this makes me feel old) in the background and watching NY1.

Well, It's time to pay the check, get going and save the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment