Tuesday, January 27, 2015

#18 Mini Morning

Lately, I don't know if there's anything to wake up from. What I mean is that there's no definitive morning. I fall asleep. I wake up. I fall asleep. I wake up. I don't know what my first "morning thoughts" really are.

This morning, I don't get out of bed easily. Juno, the blizzard of 2015, has blanketed the city. It's not so much of a blanket as it is a sheet.

I pick up my phone for some  bullshit validation on some supurfluous Facebook status I wrote. 23 likes. "Well, that's a significant amount", I think to myself but it doesn't fill the void.

The void.

I was supposed to be on a TV show today but that got pushed back and I was also supposed to see Louis CK tonight but the show was canceled. So, I go to work.

I think I just heard Seagulls. Is that even possible? From my window, I hear a man cough. Juno has quieted the city if nothing else...except for the seagulls and that dude.

No comments:

Post a Comment